 Off-Topic / Debate / 8553
  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I disagree profoundly. There is a huge difference between pointing a gun at someone in order to prevent myself (or someone else) from being killed, and pointing a gun at someone to kill them. My intent is not to kill them, it is to stop them (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Mostly agree so mostly snipped. (...) Matter of semantics? I'm not a good enough bluffer to use a realistic toy in a standoff, so I bought something that's capable of killing, not just a BB gun or pea shooter. I need to have the real thing behind my (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

In general, I agree with Bill's note. But... (...) Some war. Not most, for most participants. Chris (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Very well put....I must thank you for this as I tend to somehow end up discussing gun control fairly regularily recently and I've never actually heard it put this way....I shall remember it. (...) I agree here. To kill another human being I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)