 Off-Topic / Debate / 8590
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:09:34 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:

I disagree. Guns are designed to fire ammunition. Period.

Very well put....I must thank you for this as I tend to somehow end up
discussing gun control fairly regularily recently and I've never
actually heard it put this way....I shall remember it.

And I believe Lar bought his weapon for self defense, not because he's a
maniac who desires to kill people. If someone dies in the act of him
defending himself and his, that is a by-product, and not his intent. I know
he boasted of buying it to kill but, no rational human being who has ever
had the horrible misfortune of having been in a situation where his actions
have caused the demise of another human being will spout bluster or bravado
about such an act. Anyone who does is lying. And, God forbid, if Lar should
find himself in such a situation he would change his tone (I hope).

I agree here.  To kill another human being I would believe is quite an
undertaking emotionally, and I hope I am never in a situation where I
have to deal with it, but to revel in it seems extremely cold-hearted no
matter how "bad" the person at the wrong end of the barrel.

--
-TiM
NB, CA