 Off-Topic / Debate / 8347
Re: Nature of man (was Re: Problems with Christianity)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Chapple writes:

Seriously - Why did God create us with an eternal soul?  Come on - To
know WHY someone does something you would have to know them better
than they know themselves.  Our puny finite minds can only comprehend
a mere portion of what an infinite God has chosen to reveal of Himself.

   I guess.  But aren't you missing an answer from within your own belief
system?  If (BIG if) from "Let us create man in our image" we infer that man
is imbued with Grace (or the potential for Grace), then it is not
unreasonable to say that man, the only creature with the capacity for Grace,
is the only creature created in God's image, and therefore the only creature
worthy of or necessitating a soul.

     Dave!