 Off-Topic / Debate / 8343
8342  |  8344
Subject:
Free will (was Re: Nature of man (was Re: Problems with Christianity))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:43:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
SRC wrote:
  Tom wrote:
An omnipotent, omniscient God removes free will from the equation.

You keep saying that, but I have yet to grasp the reasoning behind it.

Then you aren't reading all the posts in here.

All? No - Just the ones in this thread - and even then it's taking up
too much of my time.  As I tried to elaborate on before, if I went
back in time a minute or a day or whatever and knew that you decided
to post this message, how could that knowledge in any way affect your
decision to do so?  You seem to imply that because God has the power
to do pretty much anything that we could and would control you like a
puppet, but that is directly contradictory to what He says about Himself.
You could say that God values free will more than anything.

I don't believe in Adam and Eve as the true basis of our being.
Morals have been around since before the Bible.

Well none of the Bible was written until well after Adam and Eve
were dead, and if by Morals you mean God, then I'd agree.  :-)

SRC