 Off-Topic / Debate / 8325
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:22:09 GMT

SRC wrote:

Can you prove that someone having an abortion is being selfish?
What if by the abortion, the mother could live to produce more children?

I was referring to the 99% of abortions where only the life of the
unborn child is in jeopardy.

Show the statistics saying that it's 99%.

I find "David morality" fundamentally flawed - it is based upon an
evolutionary foundation of sand.  I doubt you would be surprised that I
reject evolution as a baseless theory for which there is no scientific
evidence.

So instead you believe in Creationism, for which there is ZERO evidence?  Just the
word of a 2K year old book?

Fossil evidence points very highly to evolution being right.

I suppose you believe that the fossil evidence of dinosaurs and other animals that
existed far before the written word were just put in the ground for kicks by a
being creating us out of nothing?

A similar point to above - Are you now going to try to defend
evolution while I scientifically dismantle it, or will I be expected to
defend attacks on creation?  Past experience would suggest the latter, but
I don't want to go down that "branch" - that's not the debate I joined.

Well tough, you brought it up ;-)

You keep trying to suggest that the only benefit I'd get is some
sort of physical benefit. Mental benefit is actually...

I'm not suggesting there is benefit, either physical or mental or
anything to doing good.  Again - I don't "give" in order to "get",
I help someone because I love them.

I doubt it, or you'd "love" a lot of strangers.  I give to strangers I'll never see
or hear from.  It's not because I love them.