 Off-Topic / Debate / 8324
  Re: It IS about Taxation

(...) That would be a reasonable argument if: 1. The IRS didn't try and get it's fingers into deals done without the use of the coin of the realm (they have in fact gone after barter exchanges, just try that on a big scale and find out what happens (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It IS about Taxation

(...) Disagree. If conditions one and two are in place, three needn't be. I don't care one whit what organization-x does with their internal policy. In a system of competing currencies, Bob's Green Bank could produce pretty USbob$10 bills with (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It IS about Taxation

(...) I'm not sure (I wasn't real sure about making that stipulation), but there clearly are things which private organizations can be allowed to do that governments can't (such as discrimination). It probably does amount to a moot point since a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)