 Off-Topic / Debate / 8255
  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) For debate to flourish, I think the scope of topics and the numbers taking part have to grow - not the number of posts. The problem is that every question gets turned around, and ends focusing on narrow political/religious points (Frank's (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) No one really thinks that. It just seems that way based on their actions. (...) But what about when both happen? In the recent "debate" on polyamory, I didn't lose my basic premis that monogamy is artificially limiting, but it was occasionally (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) I haven't left a debate yet simply because of sheer boredom. It's actually a lack of time. I'm amazed to see all the time that some folk can devote to these threads, I don't have enough time to build LEGO much less respond to all the postings (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) Same hear. I know that I have left some folk's questions unanswered specifically directed at me and I apologize for not responding but lack of time is the reason. Ideally, I would like to get F2F with some of y'all over a beer and have at (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)