 Off-Topic / Debate / 8204
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:32:02 GMT

The question that has bearing may be whether polyamory tends to give you
richer choices or tends to make you make harder compromises. That would be a
metric I'd judge it by, except that I don't think there is any easy way to
tell.

I think the general truth is probably that it does both.  You have open a
richer body of choices and experiences, but you do also lose some things.  That
may include tougher compromises.  Many were discussed, but they were
hypothetical.  The probability of those tough compromises arising should be
weighed in as well.

Also, I think a great deal of the ups and downs of polyamory, are dependent on
the particulars of the situation.

Chris