 Off-Topic / Debate / 8144
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 00:48:28 GMT

Why? Why should public/private be different?

If you can't grasp the distinction here, there's not much hope

Do they not operate in the same marketplace?

Nope.

Should they not compete using the same rules?

Nope. Government, in view of its great competitive advantage (it *makes* the
rules) must be tightly constrained.

Is it not your
normal assertion that there should be no state school system?

Yes, but in cases where there is a public X and a private X, we must ensure
strict fairness of the public X.

<snipped some irrelevant blather>

++Lar