 Off-Topic / Debate / 8125
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:39:01 GMT

Scott A wrote:

Are you saying the board had a right to sack him as he was gay? That is your
usual line of argument is it not?

Ah, Scott, another example of uncritical thinking.

It is the exact opposite.

You DO grasp the
difference between public and private, as used in the US, right? OK... more
slowly.

It's a public school board. If it were a private school they should be able
to enforce any behaviour standards they like on their employees, including
requiring that their teachers be gay or not be gay. But public bodies,
including public schools should not be able to discriminate in that way.

Usually, you tell me that they should be able to. Usually you say such
institutions will discover such actions are bad - and the market should
decide. I'll ask you again, do you think any school, public or private,
should be able to sack a member of staff for being gay?

Scott, why do you waste everyone's time with totally useless questions?

This is plowed ground IN THE ACTUAL POST.  Larry stated quite clearly his position.  I
don't see how much clearer it can be, and if you can't see the answer, you really
should just go away, because you'll be wasting everyone's time asking them to explain
something that is perfectly clear to any rational person (oh wait, you've already done
that repeatedly).

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/