 Off-Topic / Debate / 8095
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:38:54 GMT

David:
I hate to be so simplistic. But you've certainly written a great deal...
and that deserves a response.

However, a point by point response is probably inappropriate, not to mention
exhausting, and would require more time than I certainly have available right
now.

But, I can recommend a book that approaches the subject, admittedly from a
Chistian perspective, but does so in some length, taking on each perspective of
athiests et al. and countering with the theist position.  It attempts to
address the atheist positions as strongly as possible so as to not minimize the
strengths and value that such agruments present for the theist.

If you're interested, just email...

Ok, I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I'm not exactly where to
place it in the fray, so I'm just starting a new thread. (Also, I'll be able
to see the dots on this one in the event that people respond)

I think I've boiled down the problems I have with Christianity:

1. God's existence
2. Christ's signifigance
3. A Heaven/Hell afterlife
4. Ethical principles

The first three are rather simple nitpicks, I think. I can't really
logically argue against them, I just don't "feel" that they're right. But I
will grant that I can be wrong on those three points. The fourth is what I
really think gets me.

(snipped for brevity)

-Jon