 Off-Topic / Debate / 8070
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:28:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Lorbaat wrote:

Except that I have NO idea where they are - they're buried in with millions of
car
mags.  I don't put them on an altar or anything.

Heh!  No, I wasn't suggesting that you did.  But still, saying "there have been
cases!  Really!"  Doesn't cut it.

Or, to put it another way, "I read in the Boston Globe once that a guy got
arrested for painting his house green!  He was convicted and sentenced to 10
years in jail.  I don't know where it is, though."

OK, so you married one.  What was keeping you from carrying on a
relationship
with both after that?  What was keeping you from marrying neither and
carrying
on a relationship with both, for that matter?

Good question.  At the time, personal choice.  I grew away from the other
woman.
I can tell you that IF polygamy were legal and IF I had married her, I would
have
worked it out - I don't consider divorce an option, personally.

But that was in college anyways, I was less mature then.

So, wait.  Are you saying that you feel, in the end, that you made the right
choice, and that wanting to be with both was less mature?  Or are you saying
that as a more mature person now you think you could have made a relationship
with both work?

eric