 Off-Topic / Debate / 8068
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:16:07 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Lorbaat wrote:

Yes, stupid blue laws still on the books can be amusing.

They're not amusing when you are the one being prosecuted.  Many of the
stories in
there aren't "look at this stupid law noone enforces", they are "I can't
believe
they ARE enforcing this law on Mr/Mrs. X".

So, as I said, it shouldn't be too hard for you to whip out a Playboy and cite
a case example.

Except that I have NO idea where they are - they're buried in with millions of car
mags.  I don't put them on an altar or anything.

I HAVE had those
strong feelings for 2 people at once before.

Really?  And did you pursue it?  What happened, in the end?

I married one.  If polygamy were legal, who knows, I might have married BOTH.

OK, so you married one.  What was keeping you from carrying on a relationship
with both after that?  What was keeping you from marrying neither and carrying
on a relationship with both, for that matter?

Good question.  At the time, personal choice.  I grew away from the other woman.
I can tell you that IF polygamy were legal and IF I had married her, I would have
worked it out - I don't consider divorce an option, personally.

But that was in college anyways, I was less mature then.