 Off-Topic / Debate / 8027
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:22:55 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

works better for non-straight people? I can imagine there's less of the

From what I've seen, most poly people are bi, some are het, some are gay or
lesbian. People who identify specifically as polyamorous tend to be either
bi or het. Not sure why that is, whether gays and lesbians have enough to do
dealing with one label without adding another, or what. I see a lot of
polyamorous *behaviour* in the gay and lesbian communities without it being
labelled as such.

While it may work better for "bent" (non-straight, bent, same derision implied)
people, polyamory certainly doesn't exclude "straight" people.  Men sharing
women while the women share men CAN work (not that I've tried it, but I wouldn't
exclude it from the possibilities if I found a man that I could completely trust
with my wife.  There's one man I would, but I have VERY high standards, and I
wouldn't hold him or my wife to standards that I wouldn't accept myself, and I'm
still too selfish a person at this time.).