 Off-Topic / Debate / 7992
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 05:13:31 GMT

As I've said before, if the Last Trump comes tomorrow, I'll take my chances.
As I've said before, if your god is any good, I'll do fine on judgement day.
And if he isn't, he's not a god worthy of me or of my worship. I'm too nifty.

++Lar

   I know I'm way late, but I was wandering through when I came across this
little statement.  The thought occurred to me that the cruelest thing that
Jesus could do for you ++Lar is to bring you into heaven.  I mean, if you've
spent a major portion of your life developing refutations and jokes and
perfectly logical explanations of why one shouldn't follow Christ.  If you
think his children are a bunch of non-thinking losers.  If you think you're
perfectly able to live by your own standards in your own way in a system
you've crafted without accountability to Him.  The greatest gift he could
give you is the world you've created apart from Him.  The kindest, most
loving thing he could do for you at that point is to keep you far far away
from His ideals, and His world, and His presence.

   You're a great dad, Larry.  I've read enough of the the posts and I'm
impressed with how you spend time with them.  But you wouldn't give your kid
chocolate ice cream if all week he's been asking for vanilla.

   Now I'm back to lurking...

   M Wolf