 Off-Topic / Debate / 7991
    Re: An interesting North American Election (was Re: Cdn Election Day) —James Powell
    (...) As far as my understanding was, the law is in place in BC to allow a recall. However, you require 1/3rd of the votors in the riding to sign a petition within a 60 day period. (sorry, from (URL) the petition must be submitted to the chief (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: An interesting North American Election (was Re: Cdn Election Day) —Steve Chapple
   (...) I understood that the recall bill was defeated by the NDP before it could become law. In any case, it's the Alliance recall policy that I was refering to - the farther away from the people the level of govt. is, the more something like this is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)