 Off-Topic / Debate / 7937
Re: Veracity, the historical record, and supernatural events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:28:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

When christians assert that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he turned water
into wine, that he arose from the dead, and further assert that these are
events that admit of no natural explanation, our task bifurcates... first we
must verify that the thing happened, and then that there admits of no
natural explanation.

Actually, the first claim is not even a miracle at all, I mean "born of
a virgin". AFAIK, it is a rare but normal thing. I don't know how rare
or frequent it is, but it can be faced from time to time, as a doctor
said to me. Sometimes, the membrane that used as an evidence of
virginity of females (I don't know the specific name, sorry) can not be
broken during sexual intercourse, and said woman can save her
"virginity" till the birth.

Selçuk