 Off-Topic / Debate / 7904
Re: Religion and Science
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:12:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

I still contend that science can't prove much since the explaination of things
is in continual evolution as more knowledge comes in.

Science is not in the business of proving anything.  Proof is not a stage in
the scientific life cycle.  Scientists don't even believe in proof.  Proof
isn't what we're looking for.  Increasing evidence and plausibility are the
goals.  This may seem like a minor point in your ongoing discussion, but I
think it's kind of the key.

Chris