 Off-Topic / Debate / 79
78  |  80
Subject:
Question for anyone in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:07:40 GMT

Hi, I'm having a debate with a classmate about a news article I read on CNET's
News.com website.  The article was about a new policy that charges for
trans-atlantic data flow.  The article didn't mention comercial ISPs, just
Universities.  Were ISPs affected by this new policy?  Was the Government
involved in any way?  My classmate thinks it is a governmental policy, but it
doesn't seem that way to me.  Thanks for any info you can give me!

Jeff