 Off-Topic / Debate / 7882
Re: Critical Thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 01:38:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

Larry - your vehemous defence of asking to be left alone is admirable indeed.
And you are certainly correct in that you are facing the consequences of your
actions - I will actually support your doing so.  But I would ask you this - If
you knew a friend was taking drugs, and you knew that it would eventually
destroy and kill them - would you try and stop them?  WOuld you get them help?
Even if they just wanted to be left alone with their drugs? And just said
   "In the end, though, no harm done to you if I choose not to accept (your
   help) I'm facing the consequences of my actions. "
Worse still - what if you saw a small child enter a busy street and say to you,
"I'm just fine" "Leave me alone" "I deny the existance of those cars and you
can't prove to me that they exist"...  Would you ?  Could you, do nothing?
Those of us who accept God, also recognize that me force you to accept
anything, but rather, will engage in discussions to attempt to explore your
positions with you, and too - help you see the cars that we see.

Maybe you should stick to hanging about school crossings or drug rehab clinics.
So non-believers are comparable to the drug-addicted and the immature, that's
a fairly biased analogy.
What if we compared Christians to schizophrenics, who hear voices and are
convinced they are being instructed to do things ?

pete.w (I see cars too, but no god/s have contacted me yet)