 Off-Topic / Debate / 7883
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 02:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Bill Farkas wrote:

Besides, this is a criticism that we Christians always endure. That we
preach, "Repent or burn!" That's a distortion of the Gospel not found in the
NT.

So what you are saying is the OT is wrong, the NT is right?  The ORIGINAL >thoughts and ideas written (by PEOPLE, remember) were too icky, so they >watered them down in the NT, and you choose to believe the adulterated ideas?

Not at all. The OT served it's purpose - according to Galations it's purpose
was to lead us to Christ. The Law served as a vehicle to make manifest the
condition of man. Jeremiah 31:31-34 opens the door for the NT which will
supersede the Old. It's not watered down, it is the culmination of the OT.
The OT was as it was with a view to the NT. The OT wouldn't have been what
it was without NT as it's aim.

Again, misconceptions will lead to false conclusions.

<squirm, squirm>

No squirming. This is easy. Objections 101.

Again, the above answers are from a biblical perspective, if you don't
accept the Bible then disregard. The questions made it applicable.

I don't accept the OT or NT, but if you are going to split hairs and follow >the adulterated ideas, you aren't following The Word either.

As I demonstrated above, it's you who are not following the Word. If you
don't accept either, that's fine with me. But as someone who does accept
both, my explainations of what they contain are spot on (from a Christian
perspective).
I am not splitting hairs. Specific words in specific arrangement have
specific meaning. Your exegesis/hermenuetic is flawed.

Bill