 Off-Topic / Debate / 7835
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:23:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

God's not mean enough to punish men for what they actually did wrong in
life, he punishes them for not groveling properly, because he loves us.

You betray yourself here again. Groveling has nothing to do with it.

Get off the "mean" kick too, it's really whiney. Wah, wah, wah! "It's not
fair, wah, because I don't think it is, wah. He's mean, wah. I don't like
it, wah!" Get over it.

Is this what you say to everyone whose hackles raise at being enslaved?  "Oh,
so you're someone else's property.  So someone else gets to play with you as a
toy and if you're not entertaining, put you to death.  Grouse, whine, cry!
Just get over it!"

Very nice.  It's good to see you demonstrating proper Christian compassion.
Thanks.

Chris

No one here is enslaved! The above whining is based on a misconception about
Diety. Many people in history have been enslaved and don't whine about it or
blame it for why they can't get ahead. No, I have no patience for whining.
It's a Marine thing, not a Christian thing. I love how your kind jump out of
the woodwork crying foul when a Christian acts in a way you don't like. If
the tables were turned, the cry would be, "Judge not lest ye be judged." I
wasn't uncompassionate, just call it "tough love." Christian compassion does
not mean sugar and spice and everything nice at all times.