 Off-Topic / Debate / 7828
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 18:33:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

When are you going to admit where this visceral disdain for "your"
perception of God comes from?

I'm not Larry, but I have disdain for self-delusion in general.  Don't you?
Obviously we disagree about whether Christianity is delusion, but I'm not
getting why you would possibly assert that someone's disdain for a particular
bit of delusional belief is visceral or must have some outside origin.

Was it mom? Dad? Gramma?

Mom, Dad and half of my Grammas are/were also atheists.  How could I be
reacting to an overbearing childhood religious trauma when there was none?

That this is nothing original to your intellect but merely a
base emotional aversion to some religiously overbearing figure out of your
past - something I have intimated several times and which you always side
step.

Maybe he sidesteps it because it's ludicrous of you to claim such and he
doesn't want to get siderailed into yet another meaningless threadlette.

Chris