 Off-Topic / Debate / 7786
Re: Critical Thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:20:52 GMT

I ain't Dave!

Hey Dave!-- I just thought of a question to which I would like to hear your
response: What do you think about scientists who believe in God?  Does
believing in something unprovable put into question their worthiness as
scientists? Or is there some sort of "out"  from adherence to the
scientific method with respect to religion?

I think Dave! answered it already when he said they were different realms.

I think no more or less of a scientist because of his non scientific
beliefs, unless he indulges in Jon Kozan's fallacy of letting faith pollute
his science (just as faith regrettably pollutes so many topics here on
.debate of late, dragging the discussion in unimportant, uninteresting and
unnovel directions) and thus makes it invalid work.

This is entirely analogous to my stance on bands and politics.

++Lar