 Off-Topic / Debate / 7667
    Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less? —Bill Farkas
   (...) You're right, religion in a generic sense will not necessarily bring out the best in people. I agree that it quite often brings out the worst. I am a bigger critic than anyone on the problems in Christendom, I could go on for hours about the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less? —Dave Schuler
   (...) You're completely correct, and it seems to me that such people often pick and choose which elements of The Bible the wish to practice, ignoring those passages they find inconvenient to their cause. (...) And that's the big problem--that the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less? —Selçuk Göre
    (...) So, so.. But I'm not talking about invalidating any "belief", I'm just talking about invalidating a "belief system" as a "system to bring high moral grounds for society". If any system can open to be abused and can be used by a person/group (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)