 Off-Topic / Debate / 7435
feticide Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:04:36 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
news:G42sw2.pM@lugnet.com...
I did.  Murder of an adult and murder of a fetus.  You're turning it • around
wrong.

<SNIPPED>

Sorry to barge in. I think you could argue, as you do, that both your
hypothetical adult & foetus could be considered victims in murder. • However,
the if a foetus were to cease to exist, society would not notice - there
would be no other "victim" other than the foetus itself. Whereas, your
hypothetical adult may well have friends, family and contributions to make
to society as a whole - so there would be a far greater loss. Therefore, • in
the broadest sense, you two cases are not equivalent... at least in my • mind,
at this moment.

  Au contraire.  The cases are basically the same.  In my country murder is
murder... if you kill a postman or a doctor, its the same crime.  At least
that is how it is supposed to be.  Of course, in reality, the available
funds of the victim's survivors or even the murderer himself (OJ?) are a
very big factor in the outcome of any murder trial.  And, as you know a
fetus doesn't have any money, and therefore fetuses get murdered a lot more
than people who have money.  Sorry it took so long to reply, been a little
busy.