 Off-Topic / Debate / 7352
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:03:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:

The statement you quoted from before had to do with IF I were pro-life and
thought that any abortion was murder.

Yes, exactly.  And your response was that you'd try to keep it a personal
decision.  Now obviously, that's not what you meant, or how you meant it.
Fine.

For the sake of the next two points below, I'm assuming that we're defining
murder as a crime, not an activity.  I mean, that it is a legal definition, not
a "real" one.

a case in which an adult, for instance, intentionally kills another adult.  We
both agree that is murder.

Not to be difficult, but I don't.  :-)  Well, sometimes.  I think that some
premeditated slayings should be accepted by society.  If I am on a murder jury
and it turns out that the perp killed someone who raped his daughter.  I will
never convict him.

As for early abortion, we evidently disagree as to
whether that is murder.

Nope.  I think that I'm in line with not calling it murder, but I'm still up in
the air.  In either case, it ultimately doesn't bother me that much when a
fetus is aborted.  It is mildly distasteful.

I was trying to frame the other side's opinion for you.  I think it pretty well
failed.

Chris