 Off-Topic / Debate / 7323
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:34:58 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

<snip>

What compassion, then, is due a so-called hardened criminal, or even
a soft-and-cuddly criminal, who, as a a self-responsible adult, has
nonetheless chosen to flout the legal system?

The compassion that we would have for any person who has lost their way.

If a person freely chooses a life of crime, who are you to say that they are
lost?  I 'spose you'd say that they are "broken", but if that is the case, then
I'd venture that by your definition of broken, all people could be categorized as
broken to varying degrees.  Must the State fix us all?

Mind you, I have compassion for any folk who have lost their way, but as a
Christian, not as a government.

-John

<snip>