 Off-Topic / Debate / 7293
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:30:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

It
may be a person's perogative to forgive an assault, for instance, but is it in
the best interests of society (even one's neighbors) to allow criminals to go
unpunished?  I'd rather hold someone accountable to violence done to me, so
that, at the very least, the criminal won't commit the same act against • someone
else.  That seems a legitimate way to love my neighbor.

Wow.  I don't buy your arguments for many things, but this was good!  Really.
You basically used the same logic that I use for why it's OK to use lethal
force to defend your home.  Hmmm.

justice system must be consistent to be just.  You may very well be right that
it is wrong to administer the death penalty.  Philosophically, I have my
questions about that, but I'm certainly open to becoming anti-death penalty, • for
lack of a better phrase.

How about...hmm...maybe...pro-life?

Chris