 Off-Topic / Debate / 7179
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 01:01:37 GMT

"James Simpson" <mitchjacko@cs.com> wrote in message
The primary responsibility of the criminal
justice system is to deliver justice.

Justice is a sham.  It's a phantom.  It doesn't exist.  When possible the • most
appealing remedy at hand should be sought when one treads on the rights • of
another.  That's all.

Are you absolutely sure, or is that a subjective opinion?

Rehabilitation is secondary, and should

Rehabilitation is all there is.  Why are you so angry?  Why not try to • help
people who obviously have a great need for it?

Again, an impass.  I believe that some things really do actually
(objectively) call for punishment.  Justice demands it.  You do not • believe
that Justice Exists, so we are speaking different languages.

James

   What do you mean justice exists?  Thats preposterous.  Justice doesn't
exist.  If it did there wouldn't be the words right and wrong.  Well there
wouldn't be the word wrong anyway.  If justice existed we wouldn't have a
justice system.  Life is unfair.  Life is unjust.
   So the goal of a justice system is to deliver a fair and expedient remedy
for any injustice.  But thats what he said.