 Off-Topic / Debate / 7175
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:02:44 GMT

<topped>
The general principle is that one has the right to do as one wishes,
<tailed>

Sounds selfish to me.

I happy to live in a society where, no matter what my circumstances, I have
the right to education, healthcare and housing. I also happy that the state
meddles in my affairs and invades my privacy to make sure I am giving my
children access to these things. I'm happy that if I were ever become
addicted to drugs, the state would intervene to protect me and my family.

There are those in the UK who'd like to cut back on what the state provides,
and have individuals pay for there own healthcare and their children's
education etc. These are people who can afford to make these choices at the
expense of others. They don't care that they'd the push those at the edge
even further away from it. They only want to take from society, not give to it.

So I'm glad you keep reciting your LP dogma, as forces me to remember just
how lucky I am.

Scott A