 Off-Topic / Debate / 7110
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:34:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

My rotten traitorous wife voted for Gore because she doesn't want Roe v. Wade
overturned. ;-)

For some of us that IS the issue which overrides everything else in this
election!

You're absolutely right!  Some of us want that law overturned! ;^  Anyway, I'm
not trying to start an abortion debate...only making my voice heard.

Yes indeed.  It would be a terrible shame if women retained sovereignty
over their own bodies.

I cringe at the thought of the lengths of a thread encompassing an abortion-
debate.  I made my abortion comment because I do not want this forum to be a
place where "minority" or dissenting viewpoints (such as mine) are not
tolerated.  For my part, I will be glad to debate this issue to the nth degree,
although I doubt that it shall serve to change any minds on either side.  Thus
said, I will reply to you in brief:

While it is true that a woman may do as she pleases with her own body, it does
not therefore follow that she may do as she see's fit with her baby's body.  If
a conception is the result of an un-coerced freely-made consent to sexual
intercourse, then, yes, a woman's sovereign control of her body must indeed be
limited by the right of the life within her to exist and grow to the maturity of
personhood and sentience which are latent within that new life.  That's my two-
dollar bill.

James