 Off-Topic / Debate / 6969
    Re: My Official Viewpoint —Jude Beaudin
   (...) Larry, What is the point that I am missing? (not rhetorical) I guess I must be thick or I did not follow the topic close enough. :-) Jude (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Official Viewpoint —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) 2 posts back... so the >> are not quite right Chris said: (...) Helps? To my way of thinking this particular subthread is not about JarJar per se, or even about real characters vs. fantasy. It's about when is portrayal of the initiation of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Official Viewpoint —Jude Beaudin
     Larry, Thanks. I now realize my post would have been more appropriate to the other branch of this thread where the debate seems to be more on the JarJar hatred than the whole responsability issue. As far as the censorship debate goes, I personally (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: My Official Viewpoint —Frank Filz
     (...) What I would love to see for the web is a simple set of html "ratings" tags. These would be voluntarily applied by authors, and would be used by browsers to block access or give warning before proceding as the machine owner desires (and I do (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Official Viewpoint —Mark Sandlin
     (...) I remember when Tipper pushed through the "Parental Advisory" labels on CD/Tape packaging. I was in Junior High or High School at the time (don't remember exactly which) and soon after she got those pushed through, there were T-shirts and hats (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Official Viewpoint —Todd Lehman
   (...) It may depend on what your opinion of the problem is. :-) If you put a disclaimer that says, "Some materials may be unsuitable for some viewers," or "Viewer discretion is advised," or "Some materials may be unsuitable for young audiences," (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Official Viewpoint —Jude Beaudin
   (...) The opinions expressed in the preceding post were those of Todd Lehman and may not necessarily reflect those of all LUGNET members. :-) Jude (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)