 Off-Topic / Debate / 6867
Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:57:11 GMT

Snipped back a bit.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Doug Dropeskey writes:

In one context, Jar Jar is a member of a fantasy world who happens to talk
silly and act like an idiot (in my opinion--these are subjective
statements)

In another context, Jar Jar is a meme--an idea invented by someone.

While torturing a real Jar Jar would be unconscionable, ridiculing a meme
that someone created to entertain me is another matter.  It sends a simple
message:  don't make more memes like this.  (Of course, the Jar Jar meme may
enter into a symbiotic relationship with the memes that mock it, and thereby
survive.)

Excellent analysis, Damraska...

++Lar