 Off-Topic / Debate / 6854
Re: small black cat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter White writes:
'Sex in the City' plays on normal commercial television here though I think in
the US it is on cable (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's on pay cable, and only fairly late at nite (9 PM on) as it is
considered quite risque.

US attitudes can be summarized as "prudish", we have a big profanity, and
especially nudity, hangup. OTOH, violence seems to be OK. Seems a bit messed
up to me.

++Lar