 Off-Topic / Debate / 6806
    Re: Are we all too nice? —Jim Hughes
   Well, I have read all of these latest developments with some concern and thought that a few comments were in order. For the most part I am a little below the radar for the off-topic/debate crowd but I still read a pretty fair percentage of the posts (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Are we all too nice? —Ross Crawford
     (...) [snip] (...) meltdown (...) I agree whole-heartedly. I've long subscribed to the view that praise should be public, abuse private. People should be encouraged to use e-mail if they have a problem with a particular person - why does anyone feel (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Are we all too nice? —Frank Filz
   (...) A counterpoint on this is that there are people who spar pretty hard in .debate who otherwise are the best of friends. Of course there is a difference in that the culture of .debate encourages attempting to stay above the muck and _debate_ not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)