 Off-Topic / Debate / 6797
  Re: Are we all too nice?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes: [snippage throughout] (...) No. There is no such thing. Eric Kingsley took this completely in the direction of constructive criticism toward creative works. And he's right that the only valuable (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Are we all too nice?

(...) Actually, I'd argue against that idea. There are ways which comments which don't suggest change can be good: - Positive re-inforcement. If your idea is good, and you are complemented, you are encouraged to keep doing more. If you get no (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Are we all too nice?

(...) First I should clarify that while I used creative works as an example I did say in my post that it can apply to different aspects of LUGNET. (...) Well I would suggest, as has been stated earlier, that is what the article highlighting is for. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  ratings vs. feedback (was Re: Are we all too nice?

This is a digression about ratings and feedback, not on topic for the "too nice" question per se. (...) I'm not sure I totally agree. Call me elitist, but a "hey that's cool!" from Karim Nasser for a spaceship I built would mean MUCH more to me than (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Are we all too nice?

I'll support this - generally, when someone posts about their new MOCs, I don't immediately go to the site. I wait for comments from others, and if it sounds interesting, THEN I go. Especially since people don't post very many details about their (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)