 Off-Topic / Debate / 6464
  Re: Bridges (was Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo)

(...) <shrug> Sorry for being unclear - I wasn't trying to imply that the bridge *was* privatized, but that it provided a good economic model for privatization. Whether traffic levels did/can justify it in the first place is, to a certain extent, a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bridges (was Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo)

(...) The government got lucky, I'd say. designing for lowest total cost of ownership is something that government projects usually completely miss, with their emphasis on lowest initial cost. Has anyone used the concrete forming plant/prefab (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)