 Off-Topic / Debate / 6124
Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:34:45 GMT

Here is where we diverge a bit. I'm not a vegetarian and never will be. I see
it as OK to eat meat of non sentient creatures, and I see it as a difference
of kind, not degree. We genetically are omnivores, not herbivores.

How do we define 'sentient?'   Is it different to eat a chicken than
it would be to eat Koko the sign-language-using gorilla?

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily?"