 Off-Topic / Debate / 6046
    Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Jeff Thompson
   (...) wouldn't (...) I'd like to hear more about the idea of true costs. What would be included in the true costs of automobile ownership? The cost of maintaining roads? The cost of pollution? -- Jeff <jthompson@esker.com> "Float on a river, forever (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Frank Filz
   (...) true (...) Those and more. Cost of building the roads. True insurance costs (one thing which seems a bit wrong to me is that when the other guy is at fault, insurance covers the cost of the damage, but doesn't do anything to cover the cost of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Yeah, these prices should all be rolled into the price of fuel. But, wouldn't people freak out if gas went up to $3 per gallon and the prices of all non-local goods (like 70% of groceries) rose in price by 30%? I'm really sick of people (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Frank Filz
   (...) Actually, that isn't the best way to do it. Why should I pay for your roads with my lawnmower gas? Ultimately, the best way to apportion the costs for roads might be a toll system using some kind of ID thing on the car (and such a system can (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)