 Off-Topic / Debate / 6038
Re: wild west creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:08:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ben Roller writes:

redneck.  I wasn't trying to be negative, but BTW I don't think you have to
support the Confederacy to be a Southerner.

For what it's worth, you also don't have to be a Southerner to support the
Confederacy.  I, for instance, support the right of states to secede from the
union.  And believe that Lincoln's government violated the spirit and the
letter of the constitution, and sent hundreds of thousands of people to their
deaths to satisfy his pride and secure him a place in history.

Indeed. John Brown would have brought down slavery at a much lower cost in
human life, I think, had he been allowed to do so (and had he made some wiser
choices about how to go about procuring arms). With the benefit of not having
trampled over states rights, said trampling being something we are suffering
from yet today.

++Lar
If that doesn't stir things up, nothing will.