 Off-Topic / Debate / 6036
  smokers sueing tobacco producers

Hi all, The big headline at cnn.com is about the Florida lawsuit against big tobacco. Can anyone justify this? I am among the folks who think that since everyone knows smoking is dangerous, so how can the producers be held accountable for the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers sueing tobacco producers

(...) I don't think "faceless" has anything to do with it. These are just people who want to unload the responsibility for their actions in exchange for money. Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers sueing tobacco producers

(...) I think if there is any merit to suits, it's by non smokers rather than smokers. Our national health costs more because smokers are passing their increased costs on to us, which isn't fair to us, of course. (However, one could argue that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)