 Off-Topic / Debate / 5737
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 23:43:25 GMT

I responded a bit strongly, though it -was- intended to be sarcasm.

That's why I apologized... I didn't want any permanently hurt feelings.

~M

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.publish, Matthew Miller writes:
Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote:
Next time you suggest someone move to a different topic, just leave • the
part where you call them annoying out of the post. It will probably be
received a little better.

I don't think she called you annoying -- she said it can get annoying • when
something is excessively cross-posted. In fact, posting things to the • right
group is a basic point of netiquette.

When I originally read Shiri's post, I originally thought she had crossed • the
line, but then I re-read it. Her post was fine, but could have been better
worded.

Mark responded with obvious sarcasm that could have been • misconstrued as anger
if the reader isn't familiar with sarcasm. This too was fine, but Mark • didn't
specify that there was sarcasm involved until a later post.

All in all, it was an interesting debate that illustrates that some forms of
verbal communication (sarcasm, helping someone out) don't translate • very well on
the printed screen. Thank you both for an intruiging little war of words. ;)

I read, I learn, I don't make the same mistake twice...do you?