 Off-Topic / Debate / 5736
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 23:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Matthew Miller writes:
Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote:
Next time you suggest someone move to a different topic, just leave the
part where you call them annoying out of the post. It will probably be
received a little better.

I don't think she called you annoying -- she said it can get annoying when
something is excessively cross-posted. In fact, posting things to the right
group is a basic point of netiquette.

When I originally read Shiri's post, I originally thought she had crossed the
line, but then I re-read it. Her post was fine, but could have been better
worded.

Mark responded with obvious sarcasm that could have been misconstrued as anger
if the reader isn't familiar with sarcasm. This too was fine, but Mark didn't
specify that there was sarcasm involved until a later post.

All in all, it was an interesting debate that illustrates that some forms of
verbal communication (sarcasm, helping someone out) don't translate very well on
the printed screen. Thank you both for an intruiging little war of words. ;)

I read, I learn, I don't make the same mistake twice...do you?