 Off-Topic / Debate / 5615
Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 15:21:52 GMT

No, but it might mean we need to rethink our current habits and search out
alternatives before it reaches a crisis.

IF changing them will make a difference, and IF it's worth the price.

I'd vote for letting Florida flood, if it came to that, before I voted to give
up electricity and antibiotics.

When thinking about the global climate engine and our impact I am reminded of
the fleas on the dog who think that their bites are setting the course the dog
takes.

There are those that scaremonger.  I'm of the opinion that there is no
definitive answer yet, but neither is it something that should be
dismissed out of hand.

Now *those* are much more prudent words, and prudence is always a good idea.
Too bad that Al Gore is already convinced it's a done deal and George Bush is
already convinced that there isn't anything going on at all. Probably both are
wrong.

How wonderful that our two main choices this season are a panderer and an
idiot. Which is which, that's the burning question. :-)

++Lar