 Off-Topic / Debate / 5611
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 14:10:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:
I'm sorry, Ed, but I graduated from high school in 1988, that's 12 years ago.
We knew then, in what you would probably call a backwater southern city
(Nashville), that unprotected sex could end up killing you.

So, imo and in my experience, anyone who has contracted AIDS through
unprotected sex (or needle sharing, also something that was known then) after
that period pretty much ought to take responsibility for his or her actions.

I am genuinely curious:  How can you be so sure that everyone in the world
knows about this?  Have you seen a report that stated every school district in
the world teaches safe sex?  And even if they do, what about private/religious
schools, or people who home school(1)?  I would wager that sex related
discussions are taboo in many cultures in the world.

Jeff

1 - I'd include tribal learning with home schooling.