 Off-Topic / Debate / 5610
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:25:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
Except that the incubation period for AIDS is 3-15 years.  There are people
who are only now discovering that they have AIDS.

But I won't bother debating this with you further as you seem to hold the
opinion that those with AIDS should have known better, deserve their fate so
let them die.  It is an inhumane statement of the "80's ME" generation.

I'm sorry, Ed, but I graduated from high school in 1988, that's 12 years ago.
We knew then, in what you would probably call a backwater southern city
(Nashville), that unprotected sex could end up killing you.

So, imo and in my experience, anyone who has contracted AIDS through
unprotected sex (or needle sharing, also something that was known then) after
that period pretty much ought to take responsibility for his or her actions.

Certainly if someone contracted AIDS within the last 3 years that way they
should.

Will you ever think that a thinking reasoning human being, equipped with the
knowledge of the way HIV is transmitted, yet continues to engage in risky
behavior SHOULD be held accountable for his actions?