 Off-Topic / Debate / 5561
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 20:26:55 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

Extinction of what?  Not species.  Cultures?  Maybe.  But the worst I've heard
so far is 25% infection rate.  That's bad, but not extinction-level bad.

how do you figure?  i think a 25% infection rate with all offspring produced
after infection of the parent being affected would set some alarms off for
the possibility of a local extinction.  Especially if you figure that the
infection rate has and most likely will increase as time goe on.

-chris