 Off-Topic / Debate / 5540
  Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!)

(...) and (...) Maybe it's just a gut feeling we had, but we only went from 3.5 years to just before Kindergarten started in both cases. I think the value of Montessori lessens as the child ages, we saw it more as a booster to give our kids a (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: [regarding Montessori] (...) I did Montessori as a kid. I discovered that public school existed a few weeks after my first grade year started and begged my folks[1] to let me go there instead. They (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)