 Off-Topic / Debate / 5219
    Re: Key West, one of the best places in the world... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I'm of course proud of just about everything to do with myself(1), and in this case I'm happy that my preferences seem clear cut to me, and therefore I'm proud of the fact that I did't waste a lot of emotional energy on the issue. There's no (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Key West, one of the best places in the world... —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Right, I meant beyond that. ;-) (...) Glad, I'd buy, but proud just seems a bit off (not that you're not allowed). (...) I guess I can see all that, but it sounds like you're proud of being well-adjusted rather than proud of being (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Key West, one of the best places in the world... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Ya, that's it. And, while I'm not ashamed of my choices, perhaps proud is a bit over-reaching of a statement when applied to them. Since when, however, have I been known to be modest? ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)